Rules of Competition
Event Officials: All participants must follow the instructions of event officials, which includes volunteers. Participants must retire at once from the race if ordered to do so by event officials, medical staff, or any governmental authority. Any registered participant who refuses to follow the instructions of an event official may be disqualified.
Sportsmanship: Any participant who conducts him- or herself in an unsportsmanlike manner or who exhibits offensive behaviour or language to event officials, and/or volunteers may be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike conduct includes, without limitation, the provision of false or misleading information on an event application.
- Event Application: All participants must provide accurate information, including age, gender, and emergency contact information, when completing the event application.
- Race Number/Bib: Your official participant bib, which displays your race number, must be fully visible at all times and worn on the front of your torso on your outermost garment. To ensure an accurate time, do not fold or wrinkle the bib or cover it with a jacket, runner belt, water bottle, or any other item.
- Participants who run the race without their bib properly attached and displayed may not have their finish time and split times recorded, may not be listed in the results, and/or may not receive credit for finishing the race. If your bib is lost on the course, please report it to an event official immediately after the race. Race credit may be provided after verification that your time was recorded at the start and that you completed the race.
- No Replication Permitted: Any person found to have reproduced or replicated a race number or bib for a race, or wears a race number or bib not assigned to them by KHHF, will be disqualified.
Start Corrals: Please follow the instructions of event officials when entering corrals. KHHF reserves the right to restrict individuals from starting late for safety reasons.
Race Start: The race will be started by a whistle unless otherwise noted. All participants must be behind the starting line at the start of the race and must follow the instructions of the race starter.
Official Times: Your official (net) finish time is recorded by the timing system from when you cross the starting line to when you cross the finish line. This time determines the order of finish award winners. After the start has closed, net times will not be recorded and times will be calculated from the time of the start whistle.
Course Marking: Participants must stay within course boundaries at all times. Participants must recognise and understand event signage and symbols relating to the course, directions, and facilities, and must follow the instructions of course volunteers and event officials. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
Time Limit: In the interest of safety, and to avoid disruption of traffic, race courses will remain open to all participants, per the posted course closing time on the individual race page. Participants who are not able to complete the course prior to closing time should be aware that fluid stations and other race amenities may not be available.
Failure to cross all official timing checkpoints/course cutting: May result in disqualification from official results
Course Completion: If you have not completed the entire course, you will be disqualified. Participants with missing or irregular split times at official timing checkpoints will be reviewed and may be disqualified. If you must leave the course, rejoin it only at the point at which you exited. No participant, after leaving the course, will be allowed to rejoin the race either for the purpose of gaining a place or to pace or assist another competitor.
- Late participants are not guaranteed to be timed and recorded as official finishers.